Active in politics since 2008 and elected to office in 2010 Jordan Ross has focused on a firm belief that representation matters. Whether working to ensure the local town board was elected rather than appointed, or that the Republican Party at every level has genuine transparency and grassroots participation, the will of the people, not the Consultant Industrial Complex, has been a paramount principal of his political activity.
Actively involved in county, state and national politics, he advocates for genuine lasting change in how government works and interacts with its citizens. He has been happily married to his lovely wife Linda since 1984 and is the father of two grown children, Gina and Brandon, and the grandfather of Emma.
Republican Party Activity
- Constable Ross is an active member of the Nevada Republican Party. He is the State Whip for the party having been appointed in 2013. He is a member of the Nevada Republican Central Committee, served as a member of the state Nominating Committee from 2009 to 2011 and contributed to the 2009 Working Group appointed by the State Chair to make a recommendation on state party organization. He served concurrently as the Chair of the Standing Committee on Bylaws and the Special Committee on Rules from 2009 to 2011, and drafted and presided over the adoption of the 2012 Presidential Caucus Rules and Delegate Binding Rules. In 2012 he was appointed Senior Advisor to State Republican Chairman Michael McDonald. In 2013 was reappointed by the State Chair to preside once again over the Bylaws and Rules Committees for the state party which were combined into a single committee in 2014.
- In 2016 he was elected as a delegate to the Republican National Convention as well as Nevada’s Committeeman to the convention Rules Committee.
- He is also the County Whip for the Clark County Republican Party having served from 2008 to 2014, and reappointed in 2016, providing a variety of internal party mediation and parliamentary analytical advice to the County Chair. He was originally County Whip for the Clark County delegation to the 2008 Las Vegas and 2009 Hawthorne meetings of the Nevada Republican Central Committee and in the winter of 2009 was permanently appointed to the post. He has served as Deputy Chair of the 2010, 2012 and 2016 Clark County Republican Conventions presiding over all of the business sessions of the conventions.
- He served on several Clark County Republican Party committees including from 2009 to 2012 on the Candidate Recruitment Committee (Chair of two Sub-Committees, Constables & Rural Justices of the Peace) and Chaired both the Standing Committee on Bylaws from 2010 to 2012 and the Standing Committee on Rules from 2009 to 2012. In 2012 both of these committees were abolished and he was appointed CCRP Director of Bylaws & Rules as part of his duties as County Whip.
- In November of 2010 he won election as Constable of Laughlin Township and was re-elected in 2014. Running on an explicit platform to represent the people of Laughlin on all public policy issues as their local advocate, he defeated a five term Democratic incumbent by a 12% margin. He has been active in local Laughlin politics for many years, including leading a large delegation of angry citizens to the Clark County Board of Commissioners to protest that body stripping the citizens of Laughlin of the right to vote and instead appointing radical left wing Democrats to a controlling majority of the Laughlin Town Advisory Board. 2016 will now see the first directly elected Town Board.
- From 2009 to 2010 he served as the Precinct District Manager for the 20th Assembly District for the Clark County Republican Party serving the 43 precincts of Eastern Clark County from Mesquite south to Laughlin. In 2008 he chaired one of the local Presidential Precinct Meetings and led the Laughlin delegation to the 2008 Clark County Republican Convention. In 2012 and again in 2016, he jointly chaired all Laughlin Precinct Meetings.