- Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs) in Nevada are friendly, welcoming places where anyone can come for “One Stop”information and assistance regarding public benefit programs and other services available for seniors and people with disabilities of any age. This includes all the programs listed below.
- The ADRC for Laughlin is located in the Clark County Community Resources Center at 55 Civic Way, the same building as the Constable’s Office. Operated by East Valley Family Services, it is open Thursdays from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM when Family Services is in town.
For more information and appointments please call (702) 845-0293
Nevada Senior Citizen Taxi Assistance Program – (702) 486-3581 http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/TAP/TAP_Prog/
Nevada Elder Protective Services – (702) 486-6930 http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/EPS/EPS_Prog/
- Call this number to report Elder ABUSE.
Nevada Senior Advocates – (702) 486-3545 http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/AdvocateElders/AdvocateForElders/
- Advocacy and assistance to frail older adults, who are 60 years of age or older, primarily homebound and living in the community.
- Resources and information to any older adult, their family and friends, and/or community and advocacy groups.
Nevada Community Service Options Program for the Elderly (COPE) – (702) 486-3545
- The Nevada Community Service Options Program for the Elderly (COPE) provides non-medical services to older persons to help them maintain independence in their own homes as an alternative to nursing home placement. This program is similar to the Home and Community Based Waiver Program.
Nevada Home and Community Based Waiver (HCBW) – (702) 486-3545
- The Nevada Home and Community Based Waiver (HCBW) provides non-medical services to older persons to help them maintain independence in their own homes as an alternative to nursing home placement. This program is similar to the Community Options Program for the Elderly Program.
Nevada Homemaker Program – (702) 486-3545 http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/HomemakerProg/HomemakerProg/
- The Nevada Homemaker Program is an essential community-based service based on the principle that in-home care can help preserve or improve the quality of the recipients’ lives and reduce the need for unnecessary out-of-home care.
Nevada Long Term Care Ombudsman Program (LTCOP) – (702) 486-3545
- The Nevada Long Term Care Ombudsman Program (LTCOP) exists to improve the quality of care in America’s nursing homes.
- Headed by a State Long Term Care Ombudsman, the LTCOP receives, investigates and attempts to resolve complaints made by or on behalf of residents who reside in long term care facilities including homes for individual residential care, residential facilities for groups, and nursing homes.
- Long Term Care Ombudsmen work on behalf of the resident and his or her wishes and desires. Services provided by the Ombudsman Program are strictly confidential.
Nevada Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) – (888) 838-7305 http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/SMP/SMP_Prog/
- The Nevada Senior Medicare Patrol educates and empowers Nevada’s seniors to prevent healthcare fraud, errors and abuse.
- Call SMP at (888) 838-7305 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, to report suspected fraud or to volunteer.
- Visit the SMP. website at smp.nvadsd.org to learn how to Protect, Detect & Report suspected Medicare/Medicaid fraud or abuse.
State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) – (702) 486-3478 http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/SHIP/SHIP_Prog/
- The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) provides information, counseling and assistance to Medicare Beneficiaries in Nevada involving a statewide network of volunteers.
- SHIP Volunteers offer FREE one-on-one assistance and counseling with respect to many problems seniors encounter regarding Medicare, supplemental health insurance and long-term care options.
Personal Assistance Services (PAS) – (702) 486-3478
- The Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division’s Homemaker Program is an essential community-based service based on the principle that in-home care can help preserve or improve the quality of the recipients’ lives and reduce the need for unnecessary out-of-home care.
State Pharmacy Assistance Program (SPAP) – Senior Rx – 1-866-303-6323 Option 7
- Senior Rx provides assistance to seniors who are eligible for Part D with Medicare Part D expenses.